Decadent, rich, thick, fudgy, chew & chocolaty brownies are simply the best.
Here is the recipe…
1 cup unsalted butter
10oz bag dark chocolate morsels
1 tsp espresso powder
1 ¼ cups, plus 2 Tbsp (6oz) flour
1 tsp salt
2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1 ½ cups granulated sugar
½ cup packed brown sugar
5 eggs at room temperature
2 tsp vanilla flavouring
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a 9×13 baking pan with aluminum foil. Carefully butter the sides and bottom.
2. Place an inch of water in a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer over low heat.
3. Place butter, chocolate morsels and espresso powder in a large glass or metal bowl and place bowl on top of the simmering water. You can also use a double boiler for this.
4. In another bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and cocoa powder. Set aside.
5. Whisk the chocolate and butter mixture until completely melted and smooth. Remove from heat and add sugars. Whisk until incorporated. Feel the mixture with your knuckle, it should not be too hot to the touch.
6. Add two eggs and whisk only until combined. Add remaining 3 eggs and whisk until combined. Stir in vanilla.
7. Evenly sprinkle half of the flour mixture over the chocolate mixture. Using a flexible and wide spatula, fold the flour mixture into the chocolate mixture until it starts to come together, then add the remaining flour mixture. Fold until only traces of flour mixture is visible.
8. Pour batter into foil-lined pan and bake for 27-30 minutes. A toothpick inserted in the middle should come out with a few crumbs and may have some chocolate stuck to the bottom. As long as it’s not gooey, it’s done. Then let cool completely.
9. When cooled, lift out of the pan using the foil. Pull the foil off the sides. Using a plastic knife, cut each side about ⅓ inch from the edges. Then cut into 24 squares.
Posted by Kris Galicia Brown